Cupcake box part two.

Right, well, this is the jelly mould I have used as a “cake case”:

It was quite easy to use as a mould, however I did learn that cooking oil doesn’t work as well as vaseline for lubricant! Oh well, I’ll know better next time…

This is the result; something that looks surprisingly like a cake case!

I was going to just sit the “cake”  inside the case, but it would have been a bit gappy around the edges so my husband suggested that I try making a small ring inside the same mould so it would sit inside better.  This proved somewhat tricky to remove from the mould resulting in a few breaks. I’ll fix this when I add the cake part which should make it more stable!

This is as far as I have got with this, what with working full-time and training the dogs but hopefully I’ll get a bit further over the weekend, I’ll keep you posted!

Jo

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: