A bit more Mache and a Weasel!

I’ve managed to do a little more work on the cupcake box and a project that I’ve dipped in and out of for a few weeks tonight. I found a bowl which fits inside the cake case (it’s a bit tight so I used the inside of the bowl to shrink the finished item a bit so it should fit!) and after lubricating the mould I coated the inside of it with the paper pulp (the recipe I use is courtesy of www.ultimatepapermache.com and it is so simple!). I am going to leave it to dry for a couple of days before I take it out of the mould – I learnt this lesson the hard way! Normally I would put it in the oven at a very low temperature but the mould is plastic and I don’t want to risk it! This is the pulp in the mould:

The other project I’ve been playing with is a weasel. Not the cutest subject but I like them! I made the armature a couple of months ago and then got sidetracked as I tend to do so I’ve only just picked it up again. I’ve covered the main body, the head and the face and this is how it looks so far (still wet):

It will shrink when it’s dry, but not too much with luck! I will have to go over it again with another layer of pulp to fill in any imperfections as well as finishing the body but that will have to wait until later in the week as I unfortunately have to work 😦

Until then…

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: