Posts tagged ‘animal’

April 30, 2010

First commission finished!

My first commission for one of our agility trainers has finally been finished – hooray! I can’t post pictures until she has been given it as I don’t want to spoil the surprise but I am very happy with it. It is the reason behind the lack of posting recently as every spare evening has been spent doing this and I’ve taken a lot of time over it making absolutely sure it’s right. Now I can continue with the rest of the unfinished projects hanging around – maybe even sell one, stranger things have happened!

On a slightly different note, we have an agility competition this weekend and with luck Myrtle may stay in the ring and Dan may actually run instead of walking! As I said, stranger things have happened…

Advertisements
April 18, 2010

Apologies.

Apologies for the lack of posting this week! This week has been very busy at work and I’ve been beavering away at the dog I’ve been asked to make which I will show you all when it’s been presented. I’ve also been asked to make a necklace cabinet by an acquaintance on the craft forum which is a birthday gift for her mother. I will be starting this next week at some point but at the moment my priority is the dog. I’ve been at an agility show all weekend which was somewhat less than successful shall we say! After 7 runs between both dogs all I came away with was 1 clear round and sunburn. Well, there’s always next weekend which will hopefully be slightly more successful and slightly less hot!

March 15, 2010

A bit more Mache and a Weasel!

I’ve managed to do a little more work on the cupcake box and a project that I’ve dipped in and out of for a few weeks tonight. I found a bowl which fits inside the cake case (it’s a bit tight so I used the inside of the bowl to shrink the finished item a bit so it should fit!) and after lubricating the mould I coated the inside of it with the paper pulp (the recipe I use is courtesy of www.ultimatepapermache.com and it is so simple!). I am going to leave it to dry for a couple of days before I take it out of the mould – I learnt this lesson the hard way! Normally I would put it in the oven at a very low temperature but the mould is plastic and I don’t want to risk it! This is the pulp in the mould:

The other project I’ve been playing with is a weasel. Not the cutest subject but I like them! I made the armature a couple of months ago and then got sidetracked as I tend to do so I’ve only just picked it up again. I’ve covered the main body, the head and the face and this is how it looks so far (still wet):

It will shrink when it’s dry, but not too much with luck! I will have to go over it again with another layer of pulp to fill in any imperfections as well as finishing the body but that will have to wait until later in the week as I unfortunately have to work 😦

Until then…